Frequently Asked Questions
How does self-showing work?
We’re committed to making our property viewing options as safe and convenient as possible. You can tour a home at your convenience between the hours of 8:00AM and 8:00PM ET. Simply find the home you would like to visit on this site, and click on “Schedule a Self-Showing” – this will bring you to the Rently website. To proceed:
- Click the “Request Showing” button
- Register and verify your account with a one-time $0.99 charge to confirm your identity.
- If the home is on Safe Mode, you will receive a call from one of our team members. They will confirm your registration and send you a code to enter the home through text or email or you may call us at 1 (404) 937-3664 and select Option 2 for leasing.
- After viewing, turn off all the lights, secure the home by locking all the doors, and return the key to the box.
- A viewing survey will be sent to you after your visit. Please fill out this survey.
- When you are ready to submit your application, return to sylvanhs.com, find the property and click on “Apply Today”!
How much is the application fee?
There is a $50 application fee for each person 18 and over living in the home. This fee is non-refundable regardless of the screening outcome.
What does Sylvan’s application process include?
Our application process includes: identification verification, income verification, criminal background check, credit check, and rental history verification. For details, see our Tenant Qualification Requirements.
What is the application processing time?
Once we’ve received all the required documents, our application process typically takes 1-3 business days (excluding weekends and holidays.) Keep in mind, our application process often includes things like verification of employment. We won’t be able to move forward until we receive all required documentation and verifications from all parties.
Unfortunately, we can’t process or approve incomplete applications. We continue to accept and process any applications for each home until an application is complete, reviewed, and the home is leased.
What are the next steps after I apply to rent a home?
We’re committed to making this process as easy as possible. If we need any more documents, we’ll reach out to you.
Once we have all documentation, we’ll be in touch. We will typically contact you in 1-3 business days with a decision.
How do I find out my application status?
We’ll send an email confirmation with your application status, typically in 1-3 business days after the application is complete.
What happens if there are multiple applications on the home I am applying for?
Sylvan homes are great, and people are noticing. There are times when we have more than one applicant interested in a single home. In these cases, we choose the best suited applicant based on qualifications and other considerations. These include rent amount, move-in date, and lease duration among other factors.
If your approved application is not selected, don’t worry. You’ll still be qualified for another Sylvan managed home of a similar price range and there won’t be any additional application fees. Your approved application remains valid for 60 days.
Please remember, application fees are non-refundable, including in situations where multiple applications are received for the same home.